February 18, 2023

Only extensive study can help you understand Buddhism

 

Author: Tao Qing Hsu (Hsu, Tao-qing)



For more than twenty years, I read variety books related Buddhism written from different authors and heard the variety speech from different Buddhist mentor. In the beginning, I really have no idea about what they have written and what they have talked about. With the time passed by and the experience in life, I think of the meaning as they mentioned and then I gradually understand what they have talked.


But, I still have an idea that people's potential is unlimited, but unfortunately, people's knowledge is limited. So, when we want to learn Buddha, it is better for us to reference the variety Buddhist teaching. Everything is worth to widely learn and to extensively research.


It is also worth for you to question about what I have taught in Buddhism. One day when you really realize what I have taught in Buddhism, your life would be totally changed and you would find that it is really worth to learn Buddha in our life.


There is not only one method to teach Buddhism. There is not only one method to be enlightened. Some methods of Buddha’s teaching used by one Buddhist mentor might not be suitable for you, or might be very suitable for you, that is depending on whether you could accept it or not. I have found that every Buddhist mentor has its own style to teach the Buddhism. The Buddhist mentor what I have said include the person who is not monk, and who is not nun.

No comments: